Saturday, April 3, 2010

Furry?

Photobucket

What is a Furry?

Well like most people all I knew of Furries I learned from television describing them as a group of people that liked to have sex in animal costumes. Well recently as I was getting into the Mega Man Perfect Run series on Roahm Mythril's YouTube channel I learned he was a Furry. So I decided to look up more information on the subject because from what he mentions on his comments it didn't seem to have anything to do with having sex with other people dressed like animals. It was more like people who identified themselves more with animals and have a fondness for Anthropomorphic Animals. Like Doctor Dillamond from Gregory Maguire's 1995 novel Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West, I am in the mindset of treating Animals with the same respect we treat other bipedal creatures with the ability of speech and not like they are simply common animals.

I love drawing animal versions of Comic heroes. Spider Ham is one of my all-time favorite comic book heroes!
Photobucket
I even have drawn Transformers like animals.
Here's an old scan of one of my doodles. This was way before Disney Label was ever conceived!
Photobucket
Of course then Beast Wars could also be considered the Furry's own Transformers series! So does it mean just because one feels a kinship to animals more so than people or their hobby is collecting animal themed stuff, that they must be assumed to also want to have sex in animal costumes.
Of course not!
BUT...
The very label of Furry, as tainted by the media, has you believe that and what purpose does it serve to label one self as a Furry?
Well we know it's to identify yourself to others who share the same interests. I would believe that would be about it. I've read they have conventions too just like Transformers, GI Joe, Star Wars, Star Trek, and just about every other fandom. Many people are members of multiple fandoms. So I suppose it's my assumption that if you would choose to label yourself a furry, you do so in hopes that someone who understands the true nature of Furries would recognize and share in your passion (not meant in the sexual way).

Well if you want to learn more about Furries, Wikipedia is a good start. That's where I started my search.

So Mario, I ask are you a...

...Furry?
Photobucket
-Bot Marley-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers